[TR] TR3 Panel Switches

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR3 Panel Switches
From: terryrs@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 14:31:46 +0000 (UTC)
Thread-index: ovW/20ejk32ERcz7e2b8MxYBK1cpeg== s=q20140121; t=1436711507; bh=IkVUJdVV9WpxOaM0uWZf7L4N/ZxMRfjBEpjIOR5CeXY=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=tyYZYlXJiSeKSqUtEWzFBIBzyhPXGM9ly4l/plcc2wseHcGkXr33306xUD020VFIx nDzDhL8DZsngweJmFzyr3hoXGoE7xDwSISbsXYEDuO0Sqd7ko+bIhY6oZjN1tXYmBW iN87z8T76SVHyD2F2izEMGF3W3VOlsktLkMWSSQ52Har+gIgYIg3fbxYweDC4yH7C7 szG1wtiHZhBPJd0mwVLpyLFaWxSE7icmwO8CfojylsP7MoM0XBy2xqP6GoJ4BAup1m lUZR64IIA7rYrLKyXMyAinUI6ReSIR7Bgjv2gzN4cnS5SJXdRJ3WHwWri3btJytd5Q 29fVEmfNhW6JA==
All right.  For the past 10 years, I've driven with the original switches.  The
spring-loaded button that holds the knobs on were long gone.  To get the knobs
on, I've drilled and tapped and managed to keep them on with a variety of allen
screws and even wood screws when the holes got too buggered.

Headlamp switch has now failed, the dash panel is pulled and I'm thinking now's
the time to replace them all.

Question:  is there a difference in quality between the ones offered by Moss as
compared to TRF?  Please, I don't mean this to be a referendum on the quality
of either supplier, only a question about this particular part type since the
original Lucas design is tricky to begin with.  I've enjoyed great service and
quality products from both Moss and TRF over the years.

Thank you, everyone.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire

** triumphs@autox.team.net **