Re: [TR] TR2/3 A type OD question

To: Angelo Graham <agraham@execulink.com> s=q20140121; t=1441212132; bh=64jq2JjFrgMhrX+vnBcqn1ZrZfRgDr5w0kdCumfmYFA=; h=Received:Received:Content-Type:Mime-Version:Subject:From:Date: Message-Id:To; b=rRrwmgoCpAxFXPUxGExglpNiUivYAS0b/cgUlgskHoTUJ8mZ1R9x3YGeiuEyZohyu RqqSrU3f2UUdpuUtLIZ+DDBYGJ34AzF7xKX8ws9qIfOB+AiOl8dlmuNL+nBKeuBph4 gsy1jD81GZwpOKVsbf9pPVX1+s+w4jqknEuboTFvYYJhSZd729MfC6IZzpOIYV/EWQ dpm6ar37BCL5FSAAYMfmD+T0iA6jFPwDx4PpmHv86gGhb1nVuYLobj4auUEvF4hx7r pClgvTwCt200mFqZf7124wUBBc6wcenavgUBu6V+bJtQ3SPrRBNxyPl2+jUjhpIyo3 lnObWT675knlg==
Subject: Re: [TR] TR2/3 A type OD question
From: Rochlin Robert <rrochlin@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 12:42:11 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Angelo,
In rebuilding my engine I found that the timing chain cover was a bit misshapen
and I couldnâ??t get a good seal.  I resorted to Permatex Right Stuff.  It
fills irregularities, assembles with no wait time, and does not leave the
â??scabs" that most silicone sealers produce that can slough off and block
critical engine passages. Iâ??ve pretty much used it to replace any gaskets I
donâ??t have handy on parts assembly and use a thin coat on each side of the
gaskets I do have.  Itâ??s one drawback is that it is pricey.
        Bob
        72 TR6

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/mharc@autox.team.net