[TR] OD transmission

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] OD transmission
From: Rye Livingston <ryel@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2015 15:53:36 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

--Boundary_(ID_D6NiXle66erTZM8TqNZkow)

Looking for comments and suggestions.=C2=A0=0A=0AI just installed a TR4 re=
built overdrive transmission in my 1960 TR3. =C2=A0Everything is running w=
ell and the OD is pretty cool. =C2=A0I don't know what to expect or how it=
 should work, but this doesn't seem right to me. =C2=A0When I'm up to 60 m=
ph or so and flip the switch, it shifts into OD no problem. =C2=A0If I'm a=
ccelerating at the time, it won't shift until I let up on the gas so there=
 isn't any load. =C2=A0As I experimented with this, driving down HWY 1 alo=
ng the Pacific Coast Highway, there are short rolling hills and as I am go=
ing up the hill and flip the switch, it won't shift into OD until again I'=
ve crested the hill and have let up on the gas a bit.=0A=0ANow 3rd gear, I=
 wondered if I'd ever use OD in 3rd gear, but I do find when driving along=
 a 4 lane blvd with the speed about 45 mph, 3rd gear with OD is pretty nic=
e. =C2=A0So while cruising along like that when I accelerate fairly aggres=
sively, like an automatic transmission, without me touching the switch, it=
 will drop out of OD by itself as I accelerate, and when the load is reduc=
ed as I let up on the gas, it will shift back into OD.=0A=0AI told the mec=
hanic who rebuilt the transmission about this and he said that isn't right=
, and his first question was if the oil level OK so I checked. =C2=A0I too=
k out the side fill plug and can see the oil level and it just starts to o=
oze over the threads. So that's not the problem.=0A=0AWhat is normal shift=
ing for an OD transmission?=0A=0AThanks,=0A=0ARye=

--Boundary_(ID_D6NiXle66erTZM8TqNZkow)
 boundary="Boundary_(ID_DdcDs9i/OEtfexz+XOH4Fg)"; type="text/html"

--Boundary_(ID_DdcDs9i/OEtfexz+XOH4Fg)

I just installed a TR4 rebuilt overdrive transmission in my 1960 TR3. &nbs=
p;Everything is running well and the OD is pretty cool. &nbsp;I don't know=
 what to expect or how it should work, but this doesn't seem right to me. =
&nbsp;When I'm up to 60 mph or so and flip the switch, it shifts into OD n=
o problem. &nbsp;If I'm accelerating at the time, it won't shift until I l=
et up on the gas so there isn't any load. &nbsp;As I experimented with thi=
s, driving down HWY 1 along the Pacific Coast Highway, there are short rol=
ling hills and as I am going up the hill and flip the switch, it won't shi=
ft into OD until again I've crested the hill and have let up on the gas a =
in 3rd gear, but I do find when driving along a 4 lane blvd with the speed=
 about 45 mph, 3rd gear with OD is pretty nice. &nbsp;So while cruising al=
ong like that when I accelerate fairly aggressively, like an automatic tra=
nsmission, without me touching the switch, it will drop out of OD by itsel=
f as I accelerate, and when the load is reduced as I let up on the gas, it=
 rebuilt the transmission about this and he said that isn't right, and his=
 first question was if the oil level OK so I checked. &nbsp;I took out the=

--===============8346261570332548573==

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============8346261570332548573==--