Re: [TR] Gas Tax

To: "'Ann Carletta'" <anncarletta@yahoo.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Gas Tax
From: "Alex&Janet Thomson" <aljlthomson@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 16:26:38 -0500
And then there are us in Connecticut where not only do we have a 25 cent per
gallon tax on gasoline (54 cents on diesel) but there is also the 8% gross
receipts tax that wholesalers have to pay to the state. Naturally, that gets
passed on to the consumer. So when gasoline is at 3.00 per gallon, there will
be an additional 24 cents built into the price at the distribution level. The
joke is on the consumer because that additional money was  originally
designated for road repair, underground tank replacement assistance to filling
stations and the like. Too bad the transportation fund gets raided every year
by the governor's office and the state legislature.

Alex Thomson