[TR] Overdrive solenoid

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Overdrive solenoid
From: terryrs@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2016 21:19:47 +0000 (UTC)
Hello, everyone.  Having fried a solenoid once, I thought I'd be smart--uhm,
just shows how smart I am--and put an inline fuse between the OD switch and the
solenoid.  Started with a 5 amp fuse, which seemed to be fine, but then started
popping somewhat regularly.  So I switched to a 10 amp fuse, and that pops
fairly regularly too, and increasingly.  Replaced the fuse 3 times in the past
three days.  It happens while the OD is engaged.

So, anybody know offhand how many amps the solenoid draws, including any
spikes?  I imagine I'm saving the solenoid with all this, but then maybe it's
the solenoid telling me it wants to self-destruct.

Thank you,everyone.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire

** triumphs@autox.team.net **