[TR] Success

To: TR3/6 <triumphs@autox.team.net> DFEbuVpAWJGcyY/A5F1DtYuOwjuODDsaO4GTLc7O8OPOfVppsJRoXSGFzyeYtWpzGR+kq12uCMCG9A==
Subject: [TR] Success
From: anabil007 <anabil007@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2016 19:56:05 -0700
There are two 1 1/2 inch Allen screws holding the adaptor mounting plate to the
body of the starter. They are 180 degrees apart. Some how the lower one on the
TR3 was gone!
After we wrestled the starter out (you have to remove the carbs), cleaned
everything up and installed new Allen screws they were a little longer,
dremeled the body to make a flat space for locking nuts, those screws are not
going anywhere, now came the hard part, getting it back in the car, new grade
eight bolts and locking nuts.
We wanted to have the nuts on the engine side, so we had to improvise a way to
get them positioned, magnets, bailing wire, and luck got them how we wanted.
Buttoned everything up, reinstalled carbs ... Every thing is good ... For now.
Hope to see you folks at Triumphest.

Be Well
Bill Pugh
Wallace, CA