Re: [TR] Spigot (pilot bush) Question

To: Geo Hahn <ahwahneetr@gmail.com>, Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Spigot (pilot bush) Question
From: <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 3:13:27 +0000
I have a small collection of them, as I have bought several with best
intentions of replacing when the engine and tranny are apart.  Have never been
able to get the old ones out.  Have tried various levers and hooks, never tried
the grease trick, but never had found one loose in there.  Ceartainly haven't
done enough for it to be a scientific study, but interesting how experiences
differ.  Isn't the spin or friction (oilitwe lubed) surface supposed to be the
inside diameter of the bushing and ouside of the end of the tranny mainshaft?

Greg Lemon

---- Geo Hahn <ahwahneetr@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 12:46 PM, Alex&Janet Thomson <
> aljlthomson@charter.net> wrote:
>
> Iâ??ve never heard of a brass bushing not being tight on the O.D.
> >

> As I recall, the ones I have removed from my 4-cylinder TR engines have not
> been tight (just pulled them out) and the new ones easily pushed in.  I
> know that some engines (e.g. Jaguars) have tighter ones which
> require filling with grease and hammering a dowel in to force them out (or
> other mechanical means).
>
> Geo

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html