[TR] Tr2 carpet type update

Subject: [TR] Tr2 carpet type update
From: ccsimonsen at gmail.com (Chris Simo)
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2018 13:10:06 -0400
Back in the early 1970s we removed the (likely) original carpets and made
newspaper templates of the pieces (actually puzzle pieces). It was some
kind of red, but that's all I remember. Oh, yeah and the stank.....  I made
matters worse by raiding the dumpster at the local school and found enough
foam backed (sponge) loop carpet to do the job. The trunk had a hard rubber
mat vs carpet for sure.

I dug up the original faded tan top and tonneau to get new ones made. I saw
the build certificate said Geranium. Dirty red inside.  Since the tonneau
has mouse holes, I pulled apart some of the seams and revealed the red that
faded to tan.  Would the seats have matched the top?

I intend to drive this or my TR4 as a daily driver and drive to various
club events and shows.   So I will do carpets for those special events and
pull the carpet and use AAMCO rubber mats for day to day.

I rebuilt an OD (1963 vintage) a few years ago and some club members came
over the other weekend and put gages and an electric motor to run the
pump.  Filled it with 90W (verified safe for yellow metals) and it would
not build pressure.  About an hour later, Dave dropped by and suggested we
elevate the front of the Trans as 90w doesn't flow as well as motor oil and
an hour later we had great pressure (as well as the engine, trans and
interior out of the tr2 as well). The point.... Tilt the trans up for a
while if you dont make pressure.