[TR] High TR3 Oil Pressure

Subject: [TR] High TR3 Oil Pressure
From: tr3driver at ca.rr.com (Randall)
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 13:25:52 -0700
As long as the pressure doesn't go much higher even when cold, I think you are
good. But if you're sure your gauge is accurate and you're getting over 90
under some circumstances, I would try switching to a thinner oil, and maybe
backing off the oil pressure relief valve just a bit.

That said, I ran for several months (many years ago) with a setup that pegged
the gauge on cold start, and it didn't seem to damage anything. I eventually
switched from straight 40 weight to 10W30 to solve the problem. And, IIRC,
20W50/after 30,000 miles or so.
-- Randall