Re: [TR] TR 250 Heater problem

To: Triumphs <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR 250 Heater problem
From: Roger Elliott <elliottr@rmi.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 13:10:48 -0600
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=dk12062016; d=rmi.net; b=iW7jqJ8Q7mnKDvdWrG5MSJ5GOIkaZWFa8SL4lhY22etz/6+QWzK+Ys8r5YJ1+RMPdHr1RN70ainv7J5uHR7iRa15YuLoCh2k0vj67f7KR2+ZOfaAD2ZndhMhGwBzc9yLrczfbAnfxMGYiPgnykwH+oehkfTHGToY/Rik6i/r8L6U7bXCxS1VkhaHPfqSFqHPY/6iPieJnsBGEF1cO3or284dWlOSLNPX6YdE2ddmtwZPJfv5Wexa2ycZU12mRguIn7BJDS9iNhwPdoneHzhtzL6KJMk2vG073tjtBuh5TZQJDfpvL7sdHPwy/G/OPSWDU2X0fmQkZsJV7tkb8yyj3g==; h=Received:Subject:References:To:From:Message-ID:Date:User-Agent:MIME-Version:In-Reply-To:Content-Type:Content-Language:X-ELNK-Trace:X-Originating-IP;

--------------353737CC1B5568E15CEC54BE

I think, it must be the seals.  I am going to try to get a look at it
with my inspection camera, but I don't think I will be able to get it
inside the box.

I am afraid the only thing to correct it, is taking out the heater box
and rebuilding it.

I don't think it could be a mouse nest, from what I can see.

Roger

On 12/20/18 7:06 AM, DAVID MASSEY wrote:
> Two things come to mind.
>
> 1) Air is bypassing the core on that side. It has been years since I
> took one apart.  Is there a foam piece sealing off the gap between the
> core and the sheetmetal housing that has perished?
>
> 2) The core is partially clogged.  Certainly there is some flow but
> some tubes may be clogged leaving a portion of the core cool and,
> hence, the air is not heated. (Actually, I have a little difficulty
> with this one since the tubes run right-to-left and if there were
> clogged tubes the problem would be symmetrical.  But still worth
> looking into it.)
>
> Dave
On 12/20/18 7:06 AM, DAVID MASSEY wrote:
> Two things come to mind.
>
> 1) Air is bypassing the core on that side. It has been years since I
> took one apart.  Is there a foam piece sealing off the gap between the
> core and the sheetmetal housing that has perished?
>
> 2) The core is partially clogged.  Certainly there is some flow but
> some tubes may be clogged leaving a portion of the core cool and,
> hence, the air is not heated. (Actually, I have a little difficulty
> with this one since the tubes run right-to-left and if there were
> clogged tubes the problem would be symmetrical.  But still worth
> looking into it.)
>
> Dave

  <head>
  </head>
      at it with my inspection camera, but I don't think I will be able
      to get it inside the box.  <br>
      heater box and rebuilding it.<br>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:53150809.7243587.1545311161014@mail.yahoo.com"> <font
        size="3" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color="black">
            It has been years since I took one apart.  Is there a foam
            piece sealing off the gap between the core and the
            sheetmetal housing that has perished?</font></div>
            there is some flow but some tubes may be clogged leaving a
            portion of the core cool and, hence, the air is not heated.
            (Actually, I have a little difficulty with this one since
            the tubes run right-to-left and if there were clogged tubes
            the problem would be symmetrical.  But still worth looking
            into it.)</font><br>

style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black">-----Original
          Message-----<br>
          From: Roger Elliott <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"