[TR] Valvecover issue

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Valvecover issue
From: James Henningsen <trguy75@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 15:23:50 -0500
Team:
Had my valve cover rechromed.  Looks great.  Only problem is the extra
thickness on the oil filler tube from new chrome now will not let me slip on my
push on oil filler vent cap.  His is an early 4 with similar setup to TR3. Any
ideas on what to do.  I heard Iâ??d have to take valve cover to chrome plater
to have hem strip a bit off the surface.  Another though was a muffler shop
that has a pipe expanding that fits he 1 1/2 inch diameter opening of the push
on cap.  Any help much appreciated
Jim Henningsen
Ocala FL
61 TR3A