[TR] seat webbing

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] seat webbing
From: Q <HDRider570@att.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 14:53:21 -0800
Contact cement is not good for this application as it never really
hardens and will creep under load.  Most of the webbing I have seen was
secured buy a large metal staple, essentially a piece of 1/16" wire/rod
pressed through the rubber and then thorough a metal strap, and folder
over.

Here is the Rimmers listing

https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-GAC6120X

There is not much loading on these straps  and I have never seen one
that failed.

Rimmer uses a single hook type for most of their later model seat kits,
including the Stag seat.  These have the hook simply placed and the
strap end looped and then sew to secure it.  I am sure that any good
quality sewing machine would do this or, if none available, go see a
local upholsterer.

I think TRF is selling webbing now, at least for TR seats.  You might
ask if they will sell it to you by the foot with whatever fasteners they
use.

Most of the straps I have seen have very little stretch as they are
embedded with threads/webbing much like a V-Belt.

Edward Hamer
Petaluma CA
** triumphs@autox.team.net **