Re: [TR] Speedometer drive in J-type OD

To: "'Mark Hooper'" <mhooper@indiefilmnet.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Speedometer drive in J-type OD
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2019 10:22:10 -0700
I would definitely check the angle drive first.  A well-known weak spot.

Also check that your speedo head turns freely.  If the bushing gets dry, it
can drag and get hot, which makes it drag harder, which makes it get hotter
... Until the angle drive breaks.  Then the bushing cools off and most of
the drag goes away.

-- Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **