Re: [TR] LED Dash lights

To: "'TR3 Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] LED Dash lights
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 12:58:06 -0700
My experience has been that cleaning everything, painting the inside of the
gauge housings and replacing the side windows in the small gauges; plus new
original type bulbs made a huge difference.  Plenty bright enough for me
(and I don't particularly like looking at LEDs).

Bulb output always goes down with time (even with LEDs), but modern bulbs
usually burn out before they get too dim.  Not so the old Lucas bulbs, I've
seen them still "work" when they were almost too dim to see!  Sometimes the
glass is shiny black from all the metal evaporated from the filament and
deposited on the inside of the glass.

But if you want to go the LED route, there is some good information here:
https://www.triumphexp.com/forum/tr2-and-tr3-forum.6/changeover-to-led-light
s.1649452.1653188/#msg-1653188

-- Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L once and future daily driver
71 Stag LE1473 - awaiting engine rebuild
71-2-3 Stag - awaiting gearbox rebuild

** triumphs@autox.team.net **