Re: [TR] Paint dipping

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Paint dipping
From: Gene M <mclans@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 20:22:45 +0000
Accept-language: en-US

--_000_BYAPR07MB5157B8F2A6F7E9350DCF1F75BD9A0BYAPR07MB5157namp_

40 years ago those hardware store employees were probably laughing just as =
hard at me when I, in my mid 20's, left the store.

But, the  WWII veteran was not implying that the farmers were part of the m=
anufacturing process.  His point was everything in the war manufacturing pr=
ocess needed to be spread out so that Hitler's bombing could not stop produ=
ction.  He said the processes that required solvents needed to be decentral=
ized to minimize secondary fires and the empty barns in the rural areas wer=
e how they did this.  He said the metal parts were dipped in the paint so t=
hat they would be protected and ready to be placed on as a repair panel on =
military vehicles.

Sounded reasonable to me back then, and not unreasonable when I think about=
 it now.  Hitler wasn't able to see the massive troop and equipment build u=
p for D-day.  Maybe some troops were staged to protect these rural sites?

Didn't TRF find original parts and the equipment to reproduce parts in some=
 unlikely places?  Now I need to find my old catalogs.

Hey, I'm in my late 60's so fact and fiction can get blurred a bit, but at =
least I was able to find those old fasteners.

Gene M.
70 TR6
Sacramento, CA

<>original post>

In the 23 odd years I?ve been on this list, I don?t think I?ve laughed so m=
uch at a ww2 veterans observation of manufacturing life in this country dur=
ing the conflict. Get this. Manufacturing of anything to do with the prosec=
ution of the war in the U.K. was strictly off limits to anyone not directly=
 involved in it. As for farms being involved, all the farms were going flat=
 out doing everything possible to feed the population. Hitlers U Boats near=
ly starved us out and farms had far more important things to do that paint =
hardware and let it dry. This poppycock is as way out of the window as myth=
s I?ve seen in the past on this list that Triumphs were built using whateve=
r happened to be available, or E type Jaguars were built in a factory with =
rusty metal walls as cladding and earth floors!!

Jonmac

--_000_BYAPR07MB5157B8F2A6F7E9350DCF1F75BD9A0BYAPR07MB5157namp_

<head>
1">
ttom:0;} </style>
</head>
 color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
40 years ago those hardware store employees were probably laughing just as =
hard at me when I, in my mid 20's, left the store.&nbsp;&nbsp;</div>
 color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
 color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
But, the&nbsp; WWII veteran was not implying that the farmers were part of =
the manufacturing process.&nbsp; His point was everything in the war manufa=
cturing process needed to be spread out so that Hitler's bombing could not =
stop production.&nbsp; He said the processes that
 required solvents needed to be decentralized to minimize secondary fires a=
nd the empty barns in the rural areas were how they did this.&nbsp; He said=
 the metal parts were dipped in the paint so that they would be protected a=
nd ready to be placed on as a repair
 panel on military vehicles.&nbsp;&nbsp;</div>
or:rgb(0,0,0)">
&nbsp;</div>

onable when I think about it now.&nbsp; Hitler wasn't able to see the massi=
ve troop and equipment build up for D-day.&nbsp; Maybe some troops were sta=
ged to protect these rural sites?</div>
o reproduce parts in some unlikely places?&nbsp; Now I need to find my old =
catalogs.</div>
et blurred a bit, but at least I was able to find those old fasteners.&nbsp=
;&nbsp;</div>
&lt;&gt;original post&gt;<br>
In the 23 odd years I?ve been on this list, I don?t think I?ve laughed so m=
uch at a ww2 veterans observation of manufacturing life in this country dur=
ing the conflict. Get this. Manufacturing of anything to do with the prosec=
ution of the war in the U.K. was
 strictly off limits to anyone not directly involved in it. As for farms be=
ing involved, all the farms were going flat out doing everything possible t=
o feed the population. Hitlers U Boats nearly starved us out and farms had =
far more important things to do
 that paint hardware and let it dry. This poppycock is as way out of the wi=
ndow as myths I?ve seen in the past on this list that Triumphs were built u=
sing whatever happened to be available, or E type Jaguars were built in a f=
actory with rusty metal walls as
 cladding and earth floors!!<br>
Jonmac<br>
&nbsp;<br>

--_000_BYAPR07MB5157B8F2A6F7E9350DCF1F75BD9A0BYAPR07MB5157namp_--

--===============6291135103403813304==

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

--===============6291135103403813304==--