Re: [TR] Floor Jack

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Floor Jack
From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <tjwakeman@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2019 20:25:02 -0700

--------------4020362585240C04E25AA3A9

On 10/27/19 7:57 PM, Greg Lemon wrote:
> I have on of the aluminum ones too, nice and low for "our" cars.�
> Been working fine for 10 years or so.�  Only thing, the hydraulic
> release is like an on off switch unless you really finesse it, don't
> know if they are all like that.
Mine is gentle on the shocks when lowering the vehicle. You just got the
jack rabbit model ;-)

--

Book - The Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United States and
Canada <http://overlandtravel.us>

*Because the world beckons and life waits for no one*

--------------4020362585240C04E25AA3A9

  <head>
  </head>
cite="mid:CAFtw3aa5rDmcf-Dpe3=x2t1Hrwmu-rixvvFsof+0o9BnUhjNgg@mail.gmail.com">
        for "our" cars.�  Been working fine for 10 years or so.�  Only
        thing, the hydraulic release is like an on off switch unless you
        really finesse it, don't know if they are all like that.</div>
    Mine is gentle on the shocks when lowering the vehicle. You just got
    the jack rabbit model <span
cite="mid:CAFtw3aa5rDmcf-Dpe3=x2t1Hrwmu-rixvvFsof+0o9BnUhjNgg@mail.gmail.com">
          TERRY SMITH &lt;<a href="mailto:terryrs@comcast.net";
            moz-do-not-send="true">terryrs@comcast.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
          .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
style="font-size:12pt;font-family:helvetica,arial,sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51)">
              I have gone to Home Gods with my wife more times than I
              can actually sleep through.�  But today, she came with me
              to Harbor Freight in Manchester, NH.�  She's amazing.�
              She was more interested in that than I was in HG.�  So
              now, we call HF the Home Goods for Guys.� �  </div>
style="font-size:12pt;font-family:helvetica,arial,sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51)">
              Thing is, my floor jack died.�  I did fix it by bleeding
              the hydraulics, but it was an excuse to realize it never
              fit under the cross member or differential of my TR3A.�
              Found a Pittsburgh low-profile jack (that I haven't tried
              yet, but measurements are positive).�  So excited! </div>
style="font-size:12pt;font-family:helvetica,arial,sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51)">
              I've previously had to use a scrapped Toyota's scissor
              jack to hand-screw up enough to accommodate a floor jack,
              then re-jack with a floor jack.�  Reverse the procedure to
              get the car back onto the floor.�  Oh, I cannot wait! </div>
style="font-size:12pt;font-family:helvetica,arial,sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51)">
style="font-size:12pt;font-family:helvetica,arial,sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51)">
              So question.�  HB Pittsburgh floor jacks seem "okay" for
              the price.�  Thoughts? </div>
style="font-size:12pt;font-family:helvetica,arial,sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51)">
style="font-size:12pt;font-family:helvetica,arial,sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51)">
              Terry Smith, '59 Tr3A </div>
style="font-size:12pt;font-family:helvetica,arial,sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51)">
              New Hampshire, where the color is gone, the leaves have
              dropped, it's raining, and the end is near. </div>
          ** <a href="mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net"; target="_blank"
            rel="noreferrer" moz-do-not-send="true">triumphs@autox.team.net</a>
          **<br>
          Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
          Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs";
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"

moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>�
            noreferrer" target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
          Unsubscribe/Manage: <a

href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/grglmn@gmail.com";
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"

moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/grglmn@gmail.com</a><br>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";>triumphs@autox.team.net</a> **

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>
  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>

</pre>
          Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United States and
          Canada</a>
        2 years to write and 38 years of travel and camping to learn
        what to write<br>

--------------4020362585240C04E25AA3A9--

--===============0622902462578271545==

** triumphs@autox.team.net **