Re: [TR] Buggers. I give up!

To: "'Randall'" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>, "'triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Buggers. I give up!
From: <jpaynepbr@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2020 21:45:12 -0700
Authentication-results: cox.net; auth=pass (LOGIN) smtp.auth=jpaynepbr@cox.net a=INOMHiXCNAS9ksp7FTt1Ng==:117 a=INOMHiXCNAS9ksp7FTt1Ng==:17 a=jpOVt7BSZ2e4Z31A5e1TngXxSK0=:19 a=kj9zAlcOel0A:10 a=zOoktvdPAAAA:8 a=75NSRakUAAAA:20 a=7DalWyypAAAA:20 a=kviXuzpPAAAA:8 a=Ibw8sKcL0lqTt8EjR9kA:9 a=CjuIK1q_8ugA:10 a=m3MdUl94G8cA:10 a=V2alWQQ6gZIA:10 a=d11xCvdjwYcA:10 a=GGGinmgZRQXmVEG1E52S:22 a=qrIFiuKZe2vaD64auk6j:22 a=pHzHmUro8NiASowvMSCR:22 a=xoEH_sTeL_Rfw54TyV31:22
Undo the "olive nut" at the end of the steering box at the dirty end.  Then
undo the grub screws at the steering wheel.  Unhook the 4 wires that go
through the steering shaft, somewhere near the horn on the driver side, a
long way from the end of the shaft and the olive nut.

With help, carefully withdraw the control head from the driver side , it
will come free with the hollow steering tube connected to the control head.
Haven't seen one that isn't seized together yet.    You can do it alone, but
easy with 2 people, the solid part it is 5' long in total, 8' including the
wires with bullets. (+/-)

This will expose the nut holding the wheel onto the steering column.

Undo the nut, then if necessary, apply a puller to extract the wheel from
the column.

Putting back is the reverse.  Although I suggest thoroughly checking the
condition of the wires, and it is a 5# tube with 10# of stuff in it.