Re: [TR] TR6 Master cylinder alternatives

To: Jerry Van Vlack <jerryvv@roadrunner.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Master cylinder alternatives
From: Greg Lemon <grglmn@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2020 08:02:05 -0500
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>, FOT <fot@autox.team.net>

--000000000000b0297405a37c28af

I looked into this a while back, did the conversion, never liked the extra
pedal travel, I think maybe there is a 70s or 89s Jag MC with a slightly
larger bore that works.

Greg Lemon
TR250

On Fri, Apr 17, 2020, 7:55 AM Jerry Van Vlack <jerryvv@roadrunner.com>
wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I=E2=80=99ve converted my TR4A to the dual TR6 with booster braking syste=
m.
> Recently I did the Toyota front caliper and larger rear wheel cylinder
> conversion. Braking is great but I don=E2=80=99t care for how far the ped=
al travels
> before engaging the brakes. I know I=E2=80=99m moving more fluid due to t=
he
> increased size of the combined piston areas over the stock system.
>
> My question is has anyone who has also done the Toyota caliper and larger
> rear wheel cylinders found a larger displacement master cylinder that is =
> bolt in replacement for the TR6 master cylinder and what is your result?
>
> JVV
> ** triumphs@autox.team.net **

> http://www.team.net/archive
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/grglmn@gmail.com

--000000000000b0297405a37c28af

r liked the extra pedal travel, I think maybe there is a 70s or 89s Jag MC =
=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Fri, Apr 17, 2020=
, 7:55 AM Jerry Van Vlack &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:jerryvv@roadrunner.com";>jer=
e" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
stem.=20
Recently I did the Toyota front caliper and larger rear wheel cylinder=20
conversion. Braking is great but I don=E2=80=99t care for how far the pedal=
 travels=20
before engaging the brakes. I know I=E2=80=99m moving more fluid due to the=
 increased=20
size of the combined piston areas over the stock system.</div>
ger=20
rear wheel cylinders found a larger displacement master cylinder that is a =
bolt=20
in replacement for the TR6 master cylinder and what is your result?</div>
** <a href=3D"mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"nore=
ferrer">triumphs@autox.team.net</a> **<br>
errer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs"; rel=3D"noreferr=