Re: [TR] Do some cars with ZS carbs have automatic chokes?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Do some cars with ZS carbs have automatic chokes?
From: Roger Elliott <elliottr@rmi.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 17:45:03 -0500

--------------D0528EFBAC498790B8F16796

Later Spitfires had them.  When it was working I was happy with it, But
it was kind of a big add on thing and at least on mine the screws kept
pulling out and ruining the holes.  Tried everything to fix it.  Finally
gave up and replaced carb.

Roger

On 6/22/2021 5:04 PM, DAVID MASSEY wrote:
> The TR7 had an Fully Automatic Starting Device (FASD) which was a
> small carb that fed extra air and fuel to the intake while the engine
> was warming up.  I guess they worked OK when they worked right.  I
> have no direct experience.
>
> The TR8 had a water heated choke (enrichment device actually) that
> worked in a similar manner as the manual chokes (enrichment devices
> actually) with which we are all familiar.  On my TR8, as was typical
> with most carbed carbs with automatic chokes) it either ran too rich
> or too lean under certain circumstances.  I remember once I played
> heck trying to start the car after a snow storm in Lymon, CO.  But it
> usually worked OK otherwise.
>
> Dave

  <head>
  </head>
      it, But it was kind of a big add on thing and at least on mine the
      screws kept pulling out and ruining the holes.  Tried everything
      to fix it.  Finally gave up and replaced carb.<br>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:585881713.1591258.1624399492959@mail.yahoo.com">
            Device (FASD) which was a small carb that fed extra air and
            fuel to the intake while the engine was warming up.  I guess
            they worked OK when they worked right.  I have no direct
            experience.  <br>
            device actually) that worked in a similar manner as the
            manual chokes </font><font size="3">(enrichment devices
            actually) with which we are all familiar.  On my TR8, as was
            typical with most carbed carbs with automatic chokes) it
            either ran too rich or too lean under certain
            circumstances.  I remember once I played heck trying to
            start the car after a snow storm in Lymon, CO.  But it
            usually worked OK otherwise.<br>
          style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black"><font
            size="2">-----Original Message-----<br>