Re: [TR] LED headlight conversion

To: "Christopher A Kantarjiev" <cak@dimebank.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] LED headlight conversion
From: "Allan Stults" <acstults@hushmail.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2022 12:55:09 -0700

--=_1df29634dd12edc4ab08af5a33961c73

I like what I read about these lights.  Does positive/negative ground
have any bearing here?  My '62 TR 3 still has positive ground and I
have no intention of changing that.

Allan

On 11/4/2022 at 11:56 AM, "Christopher A Kantarjiev"  wrote:I recently
dug through the current offerings in this space, and decided
to put in the "Holley Retrobright" sealed beam LED units, made by
Morimoto. They're ... not cheap, but I liked the idea of fitting an
entire unit rather than worrying about the alignment and heat issues
associated with LED capsules in H4 housings.

Also, I was replacing sealed halogens, not an H4, so I would have had
the expense of decent E-code housings anyway.

I couldn't be happier with how they went in and how they work. No fan.

Big heat sinks on the housing. Easy/direct electrical connection. I
opted for "modern white" but you can get "old skool yellowish white"
too :-)

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/Sealed-Beam-Holley-RetroBright-LED-Headlights-7-Round_6

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/acstults@hushmail.com
--=_1df29634dd12edc4ab08af5a33961c73

v>I like what I read about these lights.&nbsp; Does positive/negative groun=
d have any bearing here?&nbsp; My '62 TR 3 still has positive ground and I =
/div><br>On 11/4/2022 at 11:56 AM, "Christopher A Kantarjiev" &lt;cak@dimeb=
ank.com&gt; wrote:<blockquote style=3D"border-left:solid 1px #ccc;margin-le=
ft:10px;padding-left:10px;">I recently dug through the current offerings in=
 this space, and decided <br>to put in the "Holley Retrobright" sealed beam=
 LED units, made by <br>Morimoto. They're ... not cheap, but I liked the id=
ea of fitting an <br>entire unit rather than worrying about the alignment a=
, I was replacing sealed halogens, not an H4, so I would have had <br>the e=
xpense of decent E-code housings anyway.<br><br>I couldn't be happier with =
how they went in and how they work. No fan. <br>Big heat sinks on the housi=
ng. Easy/direct electrical connection. I <br>opted for "modern white" but y=
ou can get "old skool yellowish white" too :-)<br><br><a href=3D"https://ww=
w.theretrofitsource.com/Sealed-Beam-Holley-RetroBright-LED-Headlights-7-Rou=
nd_6">https://www.theretrofitsource.com/Sealed-Beam-Holley-RetroBright-LED-=
: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html";>http://www.team.net/donate.ht=
//www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>  <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archi=
ttp://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/acstults@hushmail.com">http:/=