Re: [TR] Upcoming long range trip

To: Dave Connitt <dconnitt@fuse.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Upcoming long range trip
From: Greg Lemon <grglmn@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2023 00:31:33 -0500
Cc: Triumphs <Triumphs@autox.team.net>

--00000000000031486605fb3c1254

Good to hear about someone getting good use out of their Triumph.  Hard to
explain, but the total sensory overload of a day out in an old British
sports car with the top down on the highway is a good way to clear your
head and reboot the old noggin.

Greg Lemon
TR250

On Mon, May 8, 2023, 9:52 PM Dave Connitt <dconnitt@fuse.net> wrote:

> Hi list,
> I want to pass on an upcoming Triumph trip we are about to start. I own a
> 1967 TR4-IRS that I finished restoring back in 2015. I restored it for
> reliability and not so much to be =E2=80=9Canother pretty face=E2=80=9D a=
t car shows.
> Anyway, our local club (TriState Triumphs) does monthly =E2=80=9Cspirited=
 drives=E2=80=9D
> after the salt is gone. After one of our recent drives we were partaking =
in
> an adult beverage and one of the guys announced that one of his =E2=80=9C=
bucket
> list=E2=80=9D goals was to drive his TR6 up Pikes Peak. Well, we all look=
ed at each
> other and asked, =E2=80=9Cwhen when are we leaving?=E2=80=9D So the main =
group of 5 TR6=E2=80=99s
> and one Lotus Elese are leaving July 3 from Cincinnati to Kansas City the
> first day and continuing on to Manitou Springs, Co. the second day
> traveling west on I-70. Colleen and I are leaving for Nashville,Tn. on Ma=
> 26, then west on I-40 through Little Rock, then Oklahoma City, then
> Amarillo, Tx. to our nephew in Edgewood, NM. After a few days there we ar=
> driving north to Manitou Springs, Co.
> We have plans beyond that but we=E2=80=99ll talk about them later.
> Can=E2=80=99t wait to get on the road!
> Dave Connitt
>

> Sent from my iPhone
> ** triumphs@autox.team.net **

> http://www.team.net/archive
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/grglmn@gmail.com

--00000000000031486605fb3c1254

Triumph.=C2=A0 Hard to explain, but the total sensory overload of a day out=
 in an old British sports car with the top down on the highway is a good wa=
iv class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Mon, May =
8, 2023, 9:52 PM Dave Connitt &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:dconnitt@fuse.net";>dcon=
le=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Hi lis=
t,<br>
I want to pass on an upcoming Triumph trip we are about to start. I own a 1=
967 TR4-IRS that I finished restoring back in 2015. I restored it for relia=
bility and not so much to be =E2=80=9Canother pretty face=E2=80=9D at car s=
hows. <br>
Anyway, our local club (TriState Triumphs) does monthly =E2=80=9Cspirited d=
rives=E2=80=9D after the salt is gone. After one of our recent drives we we=
re partaking in an adult beverage and one of the guys announced that one of=
 his =E2=80=9Cbucket list=E2=80=9D goals was to drive his TR6 up Pikes Peak=
. Well, we all looked at each other and asked, =E2=80=9Cwhen when are we le=
aving?=E2=80=9D So the main group of 5 TR6=E2=80=99s and one Lotus Elese ar=
e leaving July 3 from Cincinnati to Kansas City the first day and continuin=
g on to Manitou Springs, Co. the second day traveling west on I-70. Colleen=
 and I are leaving for Nashville,Tn. on May 26, then west on I-40 through L=
ittle Rock, then Oklahoma City, then Amarillo, Tx. to our nephew in Edgewoo=
d, NM. After a few days there we are driving north to Manitou Springs, Co. =
We have plans beyond that but we=E2=80=99ll talk about them later.<br>
Can=E2=80=99t wait to get on the road!<br>
Dave Connitt<br>
Sent from my iPhone<br>
** <a href=3D"mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"nore=
ferrer">triumphs@autox.team.net</a> **<br>