[TR] Skin deep stainless steel

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Skin deep stainless steel
From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <tjwakeman@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2023 16:37:23 -0700

--------------gpg9jlpn3oeIOfMam8ccYDMw

Around 2008 or so I purchased stainless steel front & rear bumpers off
or e-bay. Looked good fit OK. Last winter my TR was in an open carport
with the front towards prevailing winds. And my front bumper rusted. I
hit it with steel wool today and that "stainless steel" came off in
flakes with a steel bumper underneath. I had no idea that you could
plate steel with a thin layer of stainless. I didn't get what I paid
for. Lasted fine in Arizona but couldn't handle a pacific northwest winter.

I guess the next SS bumper will need to be checked with a magnet. Anyone
have a reliable source for real stainless steel TR3A bumpers?

TeriAnn

--------------gpg9jlpn3oeIOfMam8ccYDMw

  <head>

  </head>
          purchased stainless steel front &amp; rear bumpers off or
          e-bay. Looked good fit OK. Last winter my TR was in an open
          carport with the front towards prevailing winds. And my front
          bumper rusted. I hit it with steel wool today and that
          "stainless steel" came off in flakes with a steel bumper
          underneath. I had no idea that you could plate steel with a
          thin layer of stainless. I didn't get what I paid for. Lasted
          fine in Arizona but couldn't handle a pacific northwest
          winter.<br>

--===============1569980893103185785==

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

--===============1569980893103185785==--