tvr

RE: Vixen Paint??

To: tvr@autox.team.net, "'Rikrock@aol.com'" <Rikrock@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Vixen Paint??
From: "Hill, Stephen M EDUC:EX" <Stephen.Hill@gems7.gov.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 09:11:08 -0700
Rich, this fall I am looking at the same task: getting my TVR ready for
paint. My car also has a number of coats of paint, although  generally the
top coat seems "stable". Several questions for you or others on list:

How did you decide to strip the body down to glass, instead of just prepping
the top coat?

Was the first factory colour-coat paint or gel-coat?

Did you consider any alternatives to sanding? Chemical, plastic pellets or
ice blasting??

As you sand, is it possible to keep the disk from mooning the glass?? Seems
this would be a bigger issue on a glass car.

What is your strategy for fixing those areas where there is cracking coming
right through the glass?

Stephen
1972 2500