NASCAR STOCKERS

To: vintage race list <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: NASCAR STOCKERS
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@FORBIN.COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 15:26:04 -0600
I enjoy the stockers. I watch the races on TV. I pore over the cars and
look at the technical details at every opportunity, like at IRP in early
October.

Should they run at 'vintage' events?

I don't think it's appropriate. It's a different hobby.

It's similar to taking an eight horse hitch of Clydsedales to an Arabian
horse show. It's like expecting your restored WW2 bomber to be welcome
at a hot air balloon festival. It's like wanting to race your 12 meter
yacht at the same sailing event as the Lightnings. It's like letting a
male barbershop quartet compete in the Sweet Adelines contest.

Sorry, as much as I like them, they don't fit (but that won't keep me
away from an event where they are).