RE: Wakefield Park

To: "vintage-race@autox.team.net" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Wakefield Park
From: Andrew Pursey <MorrisOxford@s054.aone.net.au>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 19:43:47 +-1100
Patrick Young wrote....

Alternatively, for those whose interests are rather more pedestrian, =
Andrew
Pursey pedalled his Morris Oxford with gusto in the 1950s saloon car =
class,
somewhere in the wake of the St.John Cox Jaguar.

Wow - talk about damning with faint praise - I've been called many =
things in my time, but never before have I been called "pedestrian".  On =
the Saturday I might have finished 1.5 seconds behind a Ford Cortina GT =
MkI over the 8-lap race, but my best lap was 3/10ths of a second better =
than the Cortina.

Excuse the delay in responding - its not that I was left speechless, but =
I'm visiting Southern California on business and its only after 4 days =
that I have been able to persuade my new laptop that it wanted to work =
remotely into my ISP (thinks, if only BMC had made laptops - no, bad =
joke!).

Patrick, good to meet you in the flesh on the Saturday at Wakefield Park =
- the big thing is that we all had a truly fun weekend (just keep =
reporting it that way and we'll keep the sport in vintage motorsport).

Anybody in SoCal this week, look out for an eccentric Englishman driving =
a Hertz rental Cougar furiously down the left lane on the 405 (you have =
been warned).

....regards to all....Andrew "Axeman" (not pedestrian) Pursey