tow vehicle

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: tow vehicle
From: unitedps@mozcom.com (Marc Ablaza)
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 09:38:10 +0800 (SGT)
Hello to all vintage racers out there!

I have been driving my '64 VW Karmann Ghia to our local vintage races for
the past season.  But unfortunately, I feel that the car cannot endure the
three-hour drive to the track, the half-hour practice, and the one-hour
race, all in one weekend.  The other racers, who can afford it, rent a
6-car trailer,  to bring their cars to the track.

I have finally decided to restore my 1974 VW Westfalia Camper with a Type 4
(similar to Porsche 914) 1700cc engine to tow my race car.  I guess this
beats all other vintage trailers in its class because:

1.      It has enough storage space for tools, food supplies, parts, tires,
and whatever needs to be brought by a vintage racer to the track.
2.      It has provisions for running water, electricity (supplied by a 12
volt converter or possibly a generator), 2 beds (for 4 people), etc.
3.      It has a canvass awning attached to the side (where the sliding
door is located) so that the race car and a number of people can sit under
its shade.

Well, that's about it for now.

Thanks very much.

Marc A.