Interesting British pre-war cars for sale (MG and Morgans)

To: vintage-race@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: Interesting British pre-war cars for sale (MG and Morgans)
From: Dr G W Owen <ensgwo@bath.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 14:58:47 +0000 (GMT)
FOR SALE (my appologise to those who get more than one copy of this)

I'm having a bit of a clear out! 3 cars that others may enjoy to own,
while I enjoy buying a house to live in (I suppose I had to get my
priorities all messed up eventually - I'll be 30 next year and 7 vintage
cars is too many)

1932 MG FI MAGNA. 6 cylinder OHC, 1250cc. The car was fitted
      with an MG PA body (originally it would have been a saloonette) in
      the late 1940s. My Dad bought it as a wreck in 1961, restoration
      statred in 1991 and finished recently. Painted black with red wheels
      and new red upholstery. All correct instuments etc. The car is not
      concours, but is useable, tidy and  very pretty. All the good looks
      of a J2, with 9" more bonnet, loads more grunt and the gorgeous
      sound of a straight 6

1927 MORGAN AERO 3 Wheeler. The prettiest of all the Morgans. 998cc sv air
      cooled JAP engine. 2 speed chain drive transmission (no reverse!),
      independant front suspension, self starter. Blue with black chassis,
      wheels and upholstery. Restored in the mid 80s, very little use
      since. Concour winner at local event when last out, stored in a
      local measeum since.

1939 MORGAN SUPERSPORTS 3 Wheeler. OHV Matchless engine. Car mechanically
      complete, but dimantled. No bodywork, but radiator instuments lights
      etc included. Very easy and interesting restoration project (new
      bodywork will cost approx 2300 UKP to have proffesionally made).

For those who have never travelled in a Morgan, they are very comfortable
and the torquey V twin engine gives them very good preformance for a
little car. Side valve cars will cruise all day at 50/55mph in standard
form. OHV power gives you another 10/15 mph with an 80+ top speed. The
later casrs are very sport indeed and easily outperform a similar MG or
Riley of the period.

All three cars are in the UK. Prices are open to offer, but around
16,000 UK pounds 13,000 and 8,000 respectively

EMail ensgwo@bath.ac.uk for more information