RE: Historic Amaroo - Oz - January 25th/26th

To: Vintage Race <VINTAGE-RACE@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Historic Amaroo - Oz - January 25th/26th
From: Andrew Pursey <MorrisOxford@s054.aone.net.au>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 14:48:07 +-1100
Jeremy Braithwaite wrote....

"In the tin tops the 1950's Na group is led by Andrew 'The Axeman' =
Pursey in
his Morris Oxford.  Andrew is online so I had better not be too rude =
about
him ... but I had always thought the Axeman had something to do with his
driving style until I saw his beast coming towards me in the pits at
Eastern Creek and saw the original 'AXE' number plate. He also is =
believed
to indulge in Morris dancing but that is another story ......."

At the risk of boring the good folk on this excellent list, I would like =
to point out that the Morris Dancers in Group Na (pre'58 Classic =
Saloons) are the informal team who circulate in such cars as Morris =
Minor, Morris Major and Morris Oxford, as follows:

"In the context of Group Na, Morris Dancing refers to the act of driving =
around a race track in loose formation at odd angles and performing =
erratic changes of direction - this is often attributed to excessive =
amounts of sex and alcohol the night before (now if that doesn't =
encourage you to get it together in an Na car, nothing will, - start =
building now).  Believe that and you'll even start believing =
politicians; Na is actually a male mid-life crisis looking for somewhere =
to happen - Axeman."

What more can I say, except - if you get the chance, come to Amaroo Park =
on 25/26 January, or, Wakefield Park on 23 March (HSRCA pre'60 Race =
Meeting) and see for yourself.

Hope all vintage-race-listers have a safe 1997 season, not necessarily =
full of trophies, but certainly full of fast laps, fun and fellowship.

........regards....Andrew Axeman Pursey=20
1954 Morris Oxford, 1955 Morris Oxford (racing in Group Na pre'58 =
Classic Saloons), 1955 Morris Isis, 1956 Morris Isis, 1994 Land Rover =
Discovery, plus 1996 SAAB 900S Coupe (more trouble in under 500 miles =
than any LBC - if this is typical of the marque, don't buy a SAAB)