Re: Sebring 12 hour

To: DOUG WILSON <dwilson@america.net>
Subject: Re: Sebring 12 hour
From: "John A. Rollins" <nobozos@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 1997 20:00:24 -0800
DOUG WILSON wrote:

> HSR has managed to obtain the "Vintage" slot for the Sebring 12 hour IMSA
> event. I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has ever
> particiapted in this event with a histroic car. Is it worthwhile ? Are rooms
> available ? Any other comments.
>
> Doug Wilson
Doug:

I just returned from Daytona where HSR has its "Legends" exhibition of
previous Daytona cars and you are correct about the Sebring date in
conjunction with the 12-hour.  SVRA is NOT part of the 12-hour program
at all!  The change came at the request of Chrysler who felt more
comfortable with HSR.  Additional information is available from Joe
and/or Carol Pendergast.  This means there will be an HSR event at
Sebring on the March 1st weekend and another one about a week and a half
later.

I ran several times with SVRA at the 12-hour event; is it fun? - YES!
Is it worth it?  DEFINITELY - the crowds really get into the older cars
and make it a lot more enjoyable for all parties.  Is it going to be
difficult finding a place to stay at this time - YOU BETCHA!  Start
calling now and don't expect any bargains.  If you need a list of
numbers and hotels, etc. let me know and I can supply them.

Good luck - Hope to see you there!

*8o)
John A. Rollins, Vintage Race Coordinator
Florida Region, SCCA