FW: LSD type summary

To: vintage-race
Subject: FW: LSD type summary
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 00:49:55 -0600 (MDT)
[BOUNCE vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net:    Non-member submission from
[PaceCars@aol.com]]

     Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 00:42:59 -0400 (EDT)
     From: PaceCars@aol.com
     Subject: LSD type summary

Thanks to everyone who responded to my plea for LSD info. The only consensus
seems to be that the Detroit Locker is the worst. There seems to be a split
on Quaif VS clutch type. There are several folks out there (in particular Don
Racine at Mini Mania) who don't like the Quaif at all, although they weren't
specific as to what it did that was  bad. Others (including two Mini racers)
swore by the Quaif as being great. No bad responses on clutch-type LSD. One
respondent offered to sell me his two Quaif diffs, which I guess might tell
me something. Also, no feedback on locked (welded) diffs vs LSD. A friend who
has run all types says he prefers welded diff to Detroit locker, but liked
the Quaif best. Any further thoughts appreciated (and will be reported).

Thanks again,
Harold Pace
Leaning toward clutch pack...
Mallock U2