RE: Question

To: "'Malcolm Cox'" <malcox.ppp@napanet.net>,
Subject: RE: Question
From: Andrew Pursey <MorrisOxford@s054.aone.net.au>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 11:12:43 +1000
Malcolm....

Here in Australia we have one VW Beetle racing in Group Na (pre'58 =
Classic Saloons).  This is Terry Thompson's car, prepared by Allan =
Challis (of 36hp Racing - how do they handle that power!).  There are =
two more Beetles supposedly in preparation.

Regarding your second point.  Yes, you can race just about everything =
else (just like the good old days) - in Group Na we have Morris Minor, =
Major and Oxford, Austin A30, Wolseley 1500, Jaguar MkVIIM, Ford Zephyr =
MkII and Holden FJ.  In preparation there are Simca Aronde, Peugeot 203, =
Renault 750, Austin Lancer, A35 and A90, Ford Customline, plus a few =
others.  All the Na cars are genuine period cars but without a racing =
history - they have been built to represent the racing of that period =
(so permitted modifications are very limited), but with some current =
safety features (full cage, fuel cell, racing seat, full harness).

....regards....Andrew "Axeman" Pursey....1955 Morris Oxford (car no: =
55, racing in Group Na Classic Saloons)