Re: Monterey car import problem

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Monterey car import problem
From: Clark Smith <Clark@dnf.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 10:23:51 -0700
It's messages like yours that keep this list interesting.  Sounds like
hell, Urs, but were laughing with you, not at you....

On behalf of my country, sorry for the lousy "welcome" mat.

Clark

>S.O.S
>
>I have shipped my Williams FW08C Grand Prix car by container from
>Switzerland to
>California to race it at the Monterey historics. The authorities now won't let
>the car into the U.S. without an EPA emission test.
>
>Is anybody out there who can either help me to get the car released (the
>race is
>next week) or explain to me that this is the ordinary civilized way to go
>racing
>in the US and that I am a stupid dummy not to know it and better stay in
>Europe
>next week?
>
>Thanks a lot.
>

>Urs Eberhardt
>Bliss Racing Partnership AG
>Zurich, Switzerland
>

>  E-mail von: Urs Eberhardt, 07-Aug-1997

"Hay Bales and Asphalt"
a video featuring vintage footage
of motor racing from 1957 to 1961.
Images and description at
http://www.dnf.com

My 1953 Devin-Porsche Restoration project
http://www.dnf.com/devin-porsche.html