on track insurance?

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: on track insurance?
From: "Dunst, Mordecai" <mdunst@smtplink.Coh.ORG>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 97 11:36:54 pst

     Can't speak to race car / on-track insurance:

     Life insurance is an other matter.  If you plan to get some
     life insurance and have been racing -you pretty well have to give
     up the sport for (I believe) two years before the underwriter will
     talk to you.  THEN promise not to race.  Unless you want to pay
     an ADDITIONAL premium.

     BUt there is a (term) life insurance Co. however, that I found willing
     to underwirte a seven figure policy for me very REASONABLy knowing
     that I race as an avocation about ten times/year.  This co. is rated
     highly and has been in buisness over 100 years.