Selling My BJ8

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net, healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Selling My BJ8
From: Joel Seguine <jseguine@umich.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 16:07:35 -0400
Greetings!

I know that these lists are not usually places to advertise cars for sale,
but I have an unusual offer.

I got started in vintage racing last summer after attending the 4-day
Bondurant course in March 96.  Surprise!  It's cost a lot more than I
thought it would (duh). Part of the reason for the expense was trying to
race my 67 BJ8 stock (only 12-gal Fuel Safe fuel cell, fire extinguisher,
and roll bar added). It needed mods to the suspension at least not to
handle so heavily and it's really too pretty to race anyway (everyone
seemed to say).  So I finally decided to cut my losses (in one sense only!)
and bought a 62 Sprite that's given me a lot of enjoyment in VSCDA events
this summer.

Reason and my borrowed up credit cards dictate that I sell the big Healey.
Not happy about it, but there it is.

This Phase 2 BJ8 is a solid, straight car with some rust in the rocker
panels.  The chrome is very good, the body clean with no Bondo, painted
cream/yellow (some nicks and scratches). Mechanically it's in very good
shape.  Engine rebuilt by previous owner approx. 12K miles ago.  Before the
two race weekends I did last year (Meadowbrook Historics and VSCDA Au
Grattan) I had the carbs rebuilt and installed aeroquip brake & clutch
lines, new clutch master & slave cylinders, left front hub, new painted
wires and Dunlop radial street tires, side exhaust, and 6-blade fan.
Radiator was pulled, flushed, and checked.
The bad news is that I took the top frame off (old top needs replacement)
and removed part of the interior (rear seat back, door panels, and
windows).  Both seats and most of the carpeting (in fair condition) were
left in. The fuel cell is still installed, but I removed the vintage legal
roll bar.

I'm asking $12,500 for the car as is, including the fuel cell & roll bar OR
without those two items, but with the regular fuel tank properly installed.

The point of this offer is to give someone a chance to take it the rest of
the way as a vintage racer or take it back to what would be an excellent
daily driver.

So that's it.  Let me know if you're interested.

Joel Seguine

301 Wilton St
Ann Arbor, MI 48103

work phone:  (313) 936-6396