Tyres and other regulations (in Australia)

To: "Vintage-Race (E-mail)" <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Tyres and other regulations (in Australia)
From: Andrew Pursey <MorrisOxford@s054.aone.net.au>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 07:50:47 +1000
G'day all....

Noticed that the tyre (tire) subject is out and about again, plus a =
question on US rules and regs for a new racer.

FWIW - the Appendix J Association of New South Wales, Australia, which =
is the leading Historic Touring Car racing club in Australia has =
established a Web site - http://www.ozemail.com.au/~appendj/.  This =
includes segments of the CAMS (Confederation of Australian Motorsports) =
rules/regulations for Historics, particularly "tin tops", and includes a =
list of eligible tyres.

If you are not interested in another country's rules, please accept my =
apologies for the intrusion.  If you are interested - happy reading and =
any opinions on the rules for "tin tops" will be welcomed by me or Bob =
Asher (President, Appendix J Assn - races a Mini Cooper S) at =
aperture@apanet.com.au .

BTW - the HSRCA (Historic Sports and Racing Car Association) =
all-Historic Race Meeting at Eastern Creek Raceway (eastern edge of =
Sydney) takes place this coming weekend (13/14-Sept).  There are 340 =
entries covering all categories, with most grids running between 30 and =
40 cars.  Historic Touring Cars are very well represented by 77 cars (an =
Australian record entry) spanning Groups Na, Nb and Nc.  This promises =
to be another superb HSRCA event and I'm sure that Jeremy Braithwaite =
and myself will be able to give you a report on the event early next =
week.

Safe racing....

....regards...Andrew "Axeman" Pursey....1955 Morris Oxford (racing in =
Group Na pre'58 Classic Saloons), 1956 Morris Isis (almost a daily =
driver) and 1996 Saab 900S Coupe (quality worse than most LBCs and Saab =
attitude to customers worse than BL ever was back in the 70s - don't buy =
a Saab)....alternate email saabsux@hotmail.com
=00