Re: Off-season on-subject subject

To: hayes@mediaone.net
Subject: Re: Off-season on-subject subject
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 07:54:19 -0600 (CST)
On Fri, 12 Dec 1997 hayes@mediaone.net wrote:

> Anybody else collect vintage books on racing? I started about ten years
> ago and have specialized in Alfas, racing manuals, and bios of the
> period. Soon I can start a library. At least they take up a lot less
> space than cars...

        Yeah... when I can get them... The gem in my collection is a very
        nice (but not perfect) copy of NUVOLARI By Gianni Lurani... I just
        got it after about 10 years of warm and cold looking... A local
        previously owned book merchant friend of mine secured it from an
        unamed source (I think in NY). It's a neat book with not too much
        "hero worship" by Lurani. Tazio Nuvolari has been a hero of mine
        since I first read about him  many years ago... He should figure
        prominently amongst you Alfisti...

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois