Re: Sealing compound

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Sealing compound
From: Simon Favre <favres@engmail.ulinear.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 13:13:31 PST
My transaxle guy uses an industrial/wholesale sized package of Loctite
Anaerobic Gasket Maker.  It's a red goo that only cures when squeezed
between two sealing surfaces.  Hylomar has been around a while, and is
ok, if the surfaces are PERFECT.  Hylomar isn't as tenacious as the red
stuff.  I don't have the Loctite part # handy.  The key word to look for
is Anaerobic.  I saw some on the shelf at a Grand Auto.  It comes in a
fairly small tube.  You don't need much for one case job.