Oz groups: was Driver attitudes: was SSP#2 - HP:IQ Ratios

To: "'JWoesvra'" <JWoesvra@aol.com>, "cak@dimebank.com" <cak@dimebank.com>,
Subject: Oz groups: was Driver attitudes: was SSP#2 - HP:IQ Ratios
From: Andrew Pursey <MorrisOxford@s054.aone.net.au>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 12:26:32 +1100
Jack....

Sorry about delayed response - I got tied up with work (some people have =
no sense of reality)!

As per CAMS (Confederation of Australian Motorsports) Manual, some of =
the groups that may be of interest are:

Group 2H - HQ Holden for 4-door, 6-cylinder, 202 Holden HQs produced =
1971 to 1974.

Group 3G - Group C (Production Touring Cars) for cars with a racing =
history in Australia for the period 1973 to 1984.

5th Category - Historic Cars:
     Group J - Vintage Cars (pre 1931)
     Group K - Post Vintage Thoroughbred Cars (1931-1940)
     Group L - Historic Racing & Sports Cars (1941-1960)
     Group M - Historic Racing & Sports Racing Cars (1961-1965)
     Group Na - Production Touring Cars (pre 1958)
     Group Nb - Touring Cars (pre 1965), originally Appendix J
     Group Nc - Touring Cars (1965-1972)
     Group O - Historic Racing & Sports Racing Cars (1966-1969)
     Group P - Formula 5000 Racing Cars (pre 1978)
     Group Q - Historic Racing & Sports Racing Cars (1970-1977)
     Group Sa - Production Sports Cars (1941-1960)
     Group Sb - Production Sports Cars (1961-1969)
     Group Sc - Production Sports Cars (1970-1977)

If you are interested in the Group N cars/specs, there is further info =
(including excerpts from the rules) on the Appendix J Association of NSW =
site at http://www.ozemail.com.au/~appendj/.

I notice that we've already had a couple of responses covering Group C =
so I won't say much more - Patrick and Jeremy have covered the topic.  =
Suffice to say that Group C cars currently around include Holden =
Commodore, Ford Falcon, Jaguar XJ-S, Triumph Dolomite Sprint, Mazda =
RX-7, etc.

I think sheep stations have been covered as well, but speaking as an =
Englishman living in Australia I still find it very daunting to realise =
that some of these individual cattle properties cover areas of land the =
size of England.

....regards to all for the New Year - have a fast but safe motorSPORT =
season....Andrew