Re: Paint Job/Bondo

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Paint Job/Bondo
From: Clark <Clark@dnf.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 23:02:34 -0800
The Paper Mache Special has run at Monterey in recent memory, so it still
exists.

Is the book "American Road Race Specials" still available and in print?

Clark

>The car was called the Paper Mache Special - it was built by a racer who
>was also a high school shop teacher - wire mesh made the body frame and
>the paper mache was industrial strength paper towels and waterproof
>glue. Tube frame chassis.
>I think it was Crosley powered - ran in H-Mod.
>The car weighed somewhere around 700 lbs. total and still exists.
>I belong to the H-Mod 'Over-the Hill-Gang' and seem to remember an ad
>for car in the newsletter a year or so ago but I can't find it. I know
>that the car is in the great series on specials that Vintage Motorsport
>ran in '92-'93 and also in Alan Girdler's "American Road Race Specials'
>
>Mike Rosen
>1958 VAY Canada Class special

"Hay Bales and Asphalt"
a video featuring vintage footage
of motor racing from 1957 to 1961.
Images and description at
http://www.dnf.com

My 1953 Devin-Porsche Restoration project
http://www.dnf.com/devin-porsche.html