RE: batteries

To: "'jrhill1@facstaff.wisc.edu'" <jrhill1@facstaff.wisc.edu>
Subject: RE: batteries
From: "Wren, Steven C" <Steven.Wren@PSS.Boeing.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 07:46:06 -0800
Jim, this is what I have received so far, I'm not on line over the
weekends but if there's more info next week I'll let you know.     Steve
Wren

I have used an optima in my formula ford, with o.k.
performance/longevity.  I have found a line I believe (have to go home
and look) called Black Panther.  A superior closed cell battery in my
experience.  For my application the battery cost $100, not bad compared
to up to $300 for other 'racing' batteries.  They make a complete line.
If interested I can find and post a phone number.

Larry
''71 DL2A Hawke

   see you've gotten some other replies.  I'll add one thing, maybe this
applies more to formula car folks than sedan racers, but it sure is
handy to
have the freedom to mount a racing battery on its side or upside down or
whatever.  Yes racing batteries are more expensive, but compared to the
parts that you'd have to replace after regular battery acid corroded
them,
they're a bargain.

keithka
Bothell, WA