Re: Vintage racing

To: Kb2dhg <Kb2dhg@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Vintage racing
From: "John A. Rollins" <nobozos@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 1998 11:13:48 -0800
I'm not sure that the SCCA regions in the northeast section of the
country have a Vintage program.  Since Vintage is a Regional class, not
all Regions participate.  In Florida, we are fortunate to have the
number of cars that make the class worthwhile to the Region,
participation-wise.  There are other organizations that do run "vintage"
events at Lime Rock, though.  Since I do not have their addresses/phone
numbers/E-mail addresses, I will post this reply to the vintage-race
list and hope that you are contacted by those in your area with the
dates and particulars.

In any event, plan on having to go through the same rigors of driver
education that you would have to for SCCA road racing in any other type
of car.  It's all racing and the requirements are the same, regardless
of class.  Vintage is great for those looking for pure enjoyment of
running a period-authentic car at speed and competing with others of
similar outlook.  If you're looking for door-handle to door-handle,
fight for every inch to win competition, Vintage is not the place for
you...

Good luck in your search.  Can someone out there take it from here?

*8o)