Re: Mixing parts

To: JWoesvra@aol.com
Subject: Re: Mixing parts
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 15:34:09 -0400
FWIW, the Lucas-rebuilt motor that just failed on my car after one race
weekend had a brand new ten tooth pinion.  Presumably, it was designed to be
compatible with the ring gear even though it would normally expect a nine
tooth pinion, but wouldn't the added tooth reduce the torque transfer by
10%?  And wouldn't that be a bad thing?

Brian