Re: Deere me

To: JWoesvra@aol.com
Subject: Re: Deere me
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@forbin.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 14:28:17 -0500
JWoesvra@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 98-08-21 12:48:56 EDT, VEENET@aol.com writes:
>
> John Deere vs Lotus
>
> << He felt it was some kind of sacrilege to compare the two. >>
>
> Which would be the injured party?
>
> JW

Dear John:

Well, John Deere tractors are not very fast, but at least I've never
seen one with a chassis broken in the middle or a corner falling off.

BTW, about a third of the U.S. made JD's are sold in other countries.
Farmers on the continent use their tractors differently, often living in
town and driving the tractors to and from the fields on the public
roads. This causes customers to want higher road speeds, and of course
vehicles using the sidewalls of the tires as the only springing medium
don't do too well at higher speeds. To address this need, Deere recently
brought out a new option, a sprung front axle.

Now when we get swing axles on the rear, watch out, Porsches! We'll plow
you under!
--
uncle jack
TR4 Rallye Replica vintage racer