Re: Condensation

To: vinttr4@geneseo.net, vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Condensation
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 13:19:06 EST
In a message dated 98-11-10 19:47:22 EST, vinttr4@geneseo.net writes:

<< My conclusion at the minute is that it is due to the water component of
 blowby condensing on the coolest spot in the engine, the valve cover. >>

I'm sorry that I didn't respond sooner. I have seen similar conditions in the
past when no actual water leak was found.  I think it is a condensation
situation and I have seen it in a Mini racer and in a Chevy 350 with steel
valve covers in a Suburban with an open breather hose. This went away by using
a closed system with a PCV valve.

I think that by making sure the oil temp gets above 212 degrees the water will
quickly boil off. This water build up certainly isn't a good thing, but it
doesn't really seem to hurt anything either.

Go figure.

Jack Woehrle