Re: Harbor Freight Drill Press

To: shammatt@sos.net, vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Harbor Freight Drill Press
From: CLCSF@aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 22:09:13 EST
In a message dated 11/22/98 5:18:58 PM Pacific Standard Time, shammatt@sos.net
writes:

<< Subj:         Harbor Freight Drill Press
 Date:  11/22/98 5:18:58 PM Pacific Standard Time
 From:  shammatt@sos.net (Steve Hammatt)
 Sender:        owner-vintage-race@autox.team.net
 To:    vintage-race@autox.team.net
 CC:    shop-talk@autox.team.net

 I've just bought parts for a 14' (nearly) all aluminum
 trailer.  To complete the project (not to mention further
 needs) I find it's time that I purchase a floor mounted
 drill press.  In looking through many different suppliers,
 I've found that most of them come from the same Chinese
 manufacturer.  At least the head casting is identical!
 Harbor Freight has a 16 speed (more than what I need),
 1hp (I think I like the fact of 1hp, rather than 1/2hp or
 3/4hp), it normally lists for around $284, including free
 freight. Since they recently opened a new store in Everett, WA,
 I went down to have a look, and they have it on sale for $199.
 Anyone familiar with it?   Good or bad??
 Appreciate any information available.
 Thanks >>

 Harbor Freight tools are great for the hobbyist. They won't hold up under
heavy use and you probably get what you pay for. But, I've got a garage full
of Harbor Freight tools and overall, I couldn't be happier.