Logbook - thanks

To: "'Vintage Racer'" <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Logbook - thanks
From: "Brinkmann, Gerardo V" <brinkg@uf4124p01.BHeightsNJ.ncr.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 13:38:57 -0500
Thanks to all who responded concerning my question regarding logbooks.
Yes I do need a logbook and usually it gets issued at the first event when I

present the car for tech.

I was trying to avoid turning up at my first event
with a car that has not been through tech - finding out something trivial is
wrong with the car and basically wasting the week-end.

        It has happened before. Went with a friend several years ago
        to a race, spent 12 hours towing the car, arrived at tech with no
        log-book and could not get the car through tech because the battery
cut-off switch
        was not in a clearly visible location (which I thought was ludicrous
        because it depends on the definition of "clearly visible location").
The switch
        had been installed on the trans tunnel within easy reach of the
driver - nothing
        in the rule book said that it clearly visible from the OUTSIDE of
the car.

        If I read the HSR rules of the web it says

         "External Electrical Cut-Off Switch. The battery must be solidly
mounted with the positive terminal covered.

Does even mention that a cut-off switch needs to be installed !!!!!!

What I'll do is contact the SCCA in the north-east as they have a strong
vintage program and
take my car over to a local tech inspector who can issue the log book
beforehand.

Once agan thanks to all
gerry