Re: Rites of Spring

To: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rites of Spring
From: "B. Whiting" <110420.3466@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 18:35:57 -0400

Message text written by Brian Evans

">How long do you guys take to build an engine?  I've never tried to get
one
done in one go before, so I never really noticed.  For the guys that charge
for such things, what do you charge to assemble an engine?
>"

I've built a couple in as little time as 4 hours, but without much double
checking of clearances. The call to pregrid made it a requirement. Usually
it takes more like 20-30 depending on the engine. Most of the clearances
have already been check two or three times by the time of final assembly.

I charge a couple hundred bucks for the fun!

Dr. Bruce A. Whiting, Master Certified Tech