Re: Engine rebuilds and Misc Ramblings...

To: <Malaboge@aol.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine rebuilds and Misc Ramblings...
From: "Jim & Ann Brown" <thebrowns@pdq.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 12:43:19 -0500
Nick of NorCal asks,

>How much have we all added or subtracted to what was a
>"vintage" car?

There may be a very few of you out there who have not heard the oft-told
tale comparing our restoration/maintenance/preservation of the vintage car
with the old farmer bragging about how reliable and long-lasting were the
vintage tools of his trade, so we will offer it again to the unenlightened.

Said the farmer, proudly showing off his gleaming axe, 'They just do not
make them like they did in the old days -- this axe is 70 years old.  It has
only had 24 new handles and 13 new heads.'  :-)

Happy Birthday, America!

Jim Brown
Houston