Re: virus alert, again

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: virus alert, again
From: Jaral48462@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 18:20:47 EDT
In a message dated 7/12/99 12:53:23 PM Central Daylight Time, brian@uunet.ca
writes:

<< This weekend, an enhanced version of the "Back Orifice" trojan
  horse was released to the General Public. The newest version is
  called "Back Orifice 2000" and is a threat to our network. >>In a message
<< This weekend, an enhanced version of the "Back Orifice" trojan
  horse was released to the General Public. The newest version is
  called "Back Orifice 2000" and is a threat to our network. >>

I searched for the above Virus but couldn't find one by that Name.  I was
able to find a Virus of similar discription at the following Site.
<A HREF="http://vil.nai.com/asp_set/anti_virus/alerts/va10182.asp";>Virus
Alerts
</A>    It's called:

Virus Name:  BackDoor-G

Date Added:  5/27/99

Perhaps it's the same virus with a different name.

Ron Mitchell
SEMAHC