Re: Monterey

To: mdunst@smtplink.coh.org, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Monterey
From: Walt@chekov.mayfield.hp.com (Walt Boeninger)
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 13:33:33 PDT

There were 13 race groups with anywhere from 20-30 cars each.  I think
the total was around 350.  They were pretty adamant about 25x25 pit space
for each entry, the trans Am group was pretty well spaced out becuase we
had many cars come in rigs, and others parked trailers outside.

You're right that the paddock seemed uncrowded, and the attendance
was down from the last two years (I didn't attend last year!)
Even at it's busiest on Saturday, it was not crowded.

>As the camera and coverage panned the "pits" I noticed something a bit odd ---a
>lack of  shoulder to shoulder crowding.   It actually seemed that there was
>plenty of pit space availabe.  Did people pit elsweher??  I got the distinct
>impression that there was less of an infield group of race cars than I would
>have expected.  How many entrants did the event have?
>
>Mordy

-------
Regards

Walt Boeninger - Nor Cal SAAC         67 GT500     | 67 Shelby T-A #31
http://www.norcal-saac.org            71 Boss 351  | 97 5.0 Explorer
Email: walt@hpwrcxe.mayfield.hp.com     <space>    | 86 Mustang GT
FOR SALE: 68 Corvette Roadster.